Hmm… managed to break my new website…
While trying to upgrade MediaWiki this was spewed on my screen:
Quote: Upgrade errors
Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.
- PHP 5.0.5-pl3-gentoo installed
- PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
- Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
- PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
- Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
- Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can’t use object caching functions
- Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
- Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled if you enable uploads.
- Found GD graphics library built-in.
- Installation directory: /home/james/public_html/wiki
- Script URI path: /wiki
- Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
Generating configuration file…
- Database type: mysql
- Attempting to connect to database server as piku…success.
- Connected to 5.0.16-log
- Database piku exists
- There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if updates are needed…...hitcounter table already exists. ...querycache table already exists. ...objectcache table already exists. ...categorylinks table already exists. ...logging table already exists. ...validate table already exists. ...user_newtalk table already exists. ...transcache table already exists. ...trackbacks table already exists. ...externallinks table already exists. Creating job table...Query "CREATE TABLE `mw_job` ( job_id int(9) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, job_cmd varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', job_namespace int NOT NULL, job_title varchar(255) binary NOT NULL, job_params blob NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY job_id (job_id), KEY (job_cmd, job_namespace, job_title) ) TYPE=InnoDB " failed with error code "Specified key was too long; max key length is 1024 bytes (localhost)".
Seems the SQL is either broken, or my copy of MySQL doesn’t like it.
Meanwhile, as you can see, the spambots are having a play on the current Wiki. Quite interesting. I’m off to see how to stop people editing pages without a user account.