I use Google Reader to follow quite a lot of websites, blogs and anything else interesting that squirts out an RSS feed. For the curious, here is a list of my favourites. I’m leaving out the well known things like XKCD, Dilbert, Hack-a-day and so on.
- http://uncertaintimes.tumblr.com/ I have no idea what this is about, but it never fails to display interesting and random images at least once a day.
- http://cargocollective.com/learnsomethingeveryday Learn something new, every day. Information presented in nice little cartoon drawings.
- http://www.dadhacker.com/blog/ It’s a sort of programming based blog, written by Landon Dyer who I believe used to work at Atari and Apple back in the day.
- http://www.bytecellar.com/ Interesting writings about old computer systems.
- http://digitaltools.node3000.com/ A tech blog that writes about various fun and often arty things, such as nice Flash games, strange bits of hardware and art installations.
- http://www.trafficengland.co.uk/index.aspx Totally not tech related at all, this site simply tells you all about the state of the UK’s road network. Grab the RSS feed and have your own instant travel update system. If only I could get this in my car and have the relevant reports displayed while I’m driving about.
- http://impossible-world.blogspot.com/ An art blog that shows Escher-style “impossible” drawings.
- http://fcd3.blogspot.com/ A programming blog detailing the creation of a Z-Machine interpreter for Infocom games.
I often find these kinds of sites while browsing around the comment fields of popular websites. It’s fun to click the random links in people’s signatures…
What are your favourite websites to visit? I’m always interested in new things to read.