Look at the size of my deck

The shed might not yet have a roof, but it does have a nice deck out the front now…

image

Hand made by my amazing coconspirator and a large hammer.
We did buy the materials to make a roof…

image

They were almost too large for the car. Almost.

image

Tomorrow I’ll at least get around to cutting the roof sheets to length and working out how to build the structure. If we’re both not too knackered or it’s too dark we’ll try to assemble it.

One shed, some assembly required

Our allotment has a shed. Sort of. Another plot has been vacated and we got first dibs. The shed is about 30% rot but survived being taken apart and shoved on the roof of a land rover. Armed with a hammer and a bag of six inch nails, I’ll be able to rebuild it.

image

We had to make a base first. The previous occupants helpfully left a pile of rubbish and rubble for us to use.

image

They also tried to carpet the soil…

image

And at one time there were tires…

image

There’s also a crazy man in the house behind our plot. He can be the topic of another post.

I also removed a nettle bush that was creeping through the soil. At some point we’ll be done clearing rubbish and weeds and will be able to mark out places for growing things.

It’s a bit of a process – first we need a shed to hide in when it rains, and so we don’t need to keep transporting tools in my car. Then we mark out where things can grow. After that it’s digging. Lots of digging.